EC - Grade 8 Music
- Taught to all third graders as part of the general music curriculum.
- Provides an introduction to instrumental music, note reading, and practice routines.
- Spring concert performance in the Elementary Spring Concert.
Band and/or Strings
- Beginner - elementary students in their first year of instruction (Strings: Grade 3, Band: Grade 4)
- Elementary - elementary students in their second year of instruction (Grade 4, 5)
- Concerts are given throughout the year.
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Concert Band - students rehearse twice a week and offer public performances throughout the school year.
- Jazz Band - middle school students enrolled in band may audition for placement in this ensemble which performs in selected concerts. This group includes students who play piano, electric guitar and bass guitar.
- Students rehearse twice a week and offer public performances throughout the school year.
- Select Strings - middle school students enrolled in strings may audition for this small ensemble which performs for special occasions.
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade students audition for placement in Advanced or Beginner Handbell Choirs.
- Both groups perform in concerts and at community and church events.
- Small ensembles, such as percussion, woodwind, brass or string ensembles perform in concerts and in the community.
5th grade: Students are introduced to a beginning choir experience where they learn to blend their voices and sing in parts which may be harmony or various styles of rounds.
Middle School: A large group comprised of middle school students will perform in a variety of venues during the first semester. Students will then have the opportunity to audition for Bella Vocce, a smaller chamber choir group, for the second semester. All students will remain in the larger group for the school year.