Country Fair & Auction 2019
for making our 58th Annual Country Fair Auction so much FUN!
CFA Quick Links
Click on a text link below to go directly to:
New this year:
Dodgeball & Donuts
Is your squad the queen/king of Dodgeball? Find out by entering your team in the Dodgeball tournament! During the tournament, we will be serving homemade donuts, coffee, smoothies, fruit & more!
Where: Early Childhood to Grade 8 Campus
When: Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 8:30-11:30 am
Who: Elementary Students (K-5), Middle School Students, High School Students and Adults.
Come watch the fun!
Where: Early Childhood to Grade 8 Campus
When: Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 8:30 until they run out!
Cost: Donuts will be $1 each or $12/dozen.
View the 2019 LIVE AUCTION Catalog
Here's a sneak peek at more than 100 items that will be up for bid at our LIVE AUCTION on Friday, May 17, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. You can also download and print absentee bid forms from this document, or share the LIVE AUCTION catalog with a friend!
View the 2019 ONLINE AUCTION
Instructions to participate in the ONLINE AUCTION
1. Click “Register to Bid” (top middle right)
2. Click “Click here to continue the registration process”
3. Enter your information
► ***If you registered pervious years you may already have a bidder number and password. Click on “Lost bidder number/password” on the top of the top page instead of filling in information. Enter in your email and click “Search” if you are already registered it will say “E-mail found” and your bidder number and password has been emailed to you. If your email was NOT found go back to enter your information to complete registration.
4. Check the box “I HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AUCTION”
5. Click “Submit Registration” Form box
6. Check your email for your bidder number (from firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Use your bidder number to begin bidding on the ONLINE auction
The ONLINE AUCTION goes live on Friday, May 3 at 12 Noon
The excitement is building over this year's
4th Grade Quilt!
The 4th grade quilt is always one of the most anticipated items at our live auction each year, and this year's quilt—designed by a Dock grandparent as a beautiful representation of the uniqueness of each student—is no exception.
This year's 4th grade quilt, "Growing in Christ," is a wall hanging inspired by the school theme verses for this year from Ephesians 4:15-16. The 50"x70" design features a tree with 20 leaves—one leaf for each student, and one for their teacher, Mrs. Kipp Glass. Each student selected two colorful batik fabrics that would form their individual leaf. Each student selected two colorful batik fabrics that would form their individual leaf.
These selections are also represented on the border of the piece where each student's name is incorporated. No two leaves are alike, highlighting the uniqueness of each student that makes our school—and our world—so diverse. The leaves signify new life where healthy growth has been nurtured and instilled in our students.
Bid on the 4th Grade Quilt in the LIVE AUCTION
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
This year's beautiful quilt was a family affair; the quilt was designed and pieced by Dock grandparent Beth Wierwille, mother of EC-8 music teacher Laura Landes and grandmother of 4th grade student Liza Landes, and quilted by a dedicated team of family and friends. The value of the quilt, of course, is priceless, but you can bid on it during the 58th Annual Country Fair & Auction. The LIVE AUCTION will be held on Friday, May 17 at approximately 6:45 p.m. As always, there will be a scrapbook of photos and other items commemorating the making of the quilt that will also be auctioned off. Don't miss the excitement of the live auction!
A special thank you to Beth, and to all her family and friends who helped create such a beautiful quilt for our 4th grade class!
Scenes from the 2018 Country Fair & Auction
The Country Fair & Auction's BBQ chicken and strawberry pies are legendary! There are two ways to enjoy some great eating at the CFA:
- Our Chicken Barbecue Dinner is held in the Cafeteria from 4:00 - 8:00 PM on Friday, May 17.
- The Chicken Drive-Thru is located on Route 113 at Franconia Mennonite Church less than one mile from the EC-Grade 8 Campus. The drive-thru is open from 4:00 - 7:00 PM on Friday, May 17. See the Drive-Thru menu (right).
- Please note that the Chicken Drive-Thru only accepts cash or checks payable to "Dock Mennonite Academy." We can also accept credit cards in the cafeteria.
- In addition to the Chicken Barbecue Dinner and Chicken Drive-Thru, strawberry pies are also available at an express table just inside the front entrance to the school both Friday night (4:00 - 9:00 PM) and Saturday (7:30 AM - 2:00 PM), while supplies last.
Non-stop FUN for kids!
Strawberry pies sold in two days at the CFA
Pieces of delicious chicken grilled and sold
Volunteer hours it takes to make the CFA go
Percentage of the proceeds that benefit our students!