Private Christian School Near Montgomery County
Technology That Enhances Education in Montgomery County
At Dock Mennonite Academy, not only do we equip our students with cutting edge technology, but we also highlight the importance of learning to use these tools responsibly. We believe that this can help each student learn meaningful experiences inside and outside of the classroom. We utilize the best technology for the classroom or virtual learning environment to prepare our students for a technologically changing world.
We recognize that technology surrounds our students wherever they are, and it is an integral part of life, used for entertainment, information, and socializing. We believe that the use of technology can enhance our curriculum, enable an enhanced learning experience, and help Dock students gain a competitive advantage in the ever-changing, technological world. Once our students learn the fundamentals of computer science, they learn important skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, decision making as well as creativity, innovation, communication, and research fluency.
At admission, Dock provides all 9th-grade students with a new iPad 2018 model and an iPad Pro 9.7 Wifi to new upperclassmen. We believe that by providing these powerful tools, we can help students maximize their opportunities for learning and communication, anywhere, at any time to best prepare them for a college education and career.
In keeping with the Dock mission, we require all students and parents to complete an iPad contract, which defines our expectations for appropriate use. We supply filtered internet access on campus through individual student WiFi access accounts to monitor, instruct, and guard against inappropriate usage. Failure to uphold these standards will result in the disabling of network access.
Tools for Success
At Dock Mennonite Academy, we take pride in being a school that uses top technology to prepare our students to be responsible inhabitants of the digital world. Through our active, hands-on learning, Dock students will achieve a beneficial skillset that allows them to gather, integrate, analyze, and apply information intelligently to complete our curriculum with great success.
At Dock, we are a leader in local and regional robotics. Formed in 2008, our robotics team came to fruition when math teacher Mrs. Gail Anderson and a few interested students began attending VexTM Robotics competitions. From there, Mrs. Anderson successfully grew the team to over 15 students who would participate in multiple levels of competition throughout the Montgomery County area and beyond. Since then, our school has used top technology, called the Vex Robotics System, to help students brainstorm, build, and test concepts and designs of robots. By utilizing the best in technology for the classroom, the robotics team learns basic robotics and mechanical skills as well as rewarding life experiences.
Interested in learning more about our technology offerings at Dock Mennonite Academy?
We believe that technology not only adds depth to our curriculum but also helps to extend learning and engage our students. Our technology offerings teach students to be knowledgeable citizens of the digital world, improving their research and investigation abilities as well as helping them to build their education and present information. Our 1:1 implementation task force continues to determine best practices, apps, policies, management strategies, and other components of the program to meet any technological challenges with helpful solutions. For more information, contact Mr. Darwin Zehr.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be Mennonite to attend Dock ?
- Roughly 40% of Dock’s students attend a local Mennonite congregation. In total, 134 churches are represented within Dock’s student body. Students from a variety of church denominations are a part of the student body, which enriches the discussion in bible class and provides a variety of perspectives for students to hear from classmates.
Do you have a financial assistance program?
- Dock Mennonite Academy encourages all interested Montgomery County families to inquire about financial aid. Over $1,000,000 in direct financial aid is awarded annually to help make a Dock education more accessible for families who could not otherwise consider attending. Learn more about financial aid here.
Can students be bused from around Montgomery County?
- Students that reside in a school district within ten miles of Dock are bussed for free to our schools. Each campus has a slightly different list of districts that qualify within this radius. Click here to see a comprehensive list.
- Private Christian school in Montgomery County
- Dock Mennonite Academy is committed to fostering an enthusiasm for learning in students from the first day they walk through the door.
- Independent private school near me in Montgomery County
- Christian school preschool near me in Montgomery County
- Students receive support every step of the way through a cohesive community of teachers, family, and church, ensuring a positive experience as they start their first years of school.
- Best Private Kindergartens near me in Montgomery County PA
- Christian elementary school in Montgomery County
- At Dock, there is a steadfast commitment to developing he whole child -- spritual, emotional, social, intellctual, and physical.
- Private middle school in Montgomery County PA
- Private Christian high school in Montgomery County
- Dock Mennonite Academy provides high school students a vibrant learning community with rigorous academics in a welcoming, Christ-centered environment with an emphasis on service, peace and justice, community, and global perspective.
Dock Mennonite Academy offers a dynamic and diverse learning community. Dock is a private Christian school whose balanced integration of faith and learning teaches students from Early Childhood to Grade 12Our Private Christian School Campus Locations:
- Dock High School in Montgomery County
- Dock Pre-School, Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School in Montgomery County