Private Christian School Near Bucks County
Dock Mennonite Academy Athletics Programs
Dock Mennonite Academy offers students in Bucks County and the surrounding area a dynamic athletic program that integrates faith, academic excellence, and life-enriching opportunities presented in a Christ-centered learning environment. The values instilled in our student-athletes, like work ethic, sportsmanship, teamwork, and respect, are important and foundational building blocks that are necessary for any student to learn.
We feel the opportunities presented to our student-athletes provide a remarkable part of the learning experience. Not only do our athletes learn to compete and grow in mind and body, but students also see benefits from our team sports including:
The experience of competition. Students learn the value of winning, losing, and sportsmanship.
Development of leadership skills, discipline, confidence, and self-worth.
Development of physical and life skills.
Knowledge of a healthy body and mind through smart skills learned from proper fitness, nutrition, and mental relaxation.
Athletic Programs Offer at Dock Mennonite Academy
Because of the size of our school, we can proudly offer our students the best sports programs in the Bucks County area and beyond that are often difficult to find at other schools. Students are empowered to lead healthy lifestyles through a variety of athletic offerings including 19 sports in total to individuals in grades 9 to 12. Students can choose from basketball, soccer, cross country, golf, field hockey, volleyball, bowling, competitive cheer, track and field, softball, and tennis. We can proudly say that we are one of the top schools in our area for athletics, with many of our students receiving scholarships and continuing their athletic careers after being recruited by top colleges.
Our coaching staff works with our student-athletes to excel on and off the field. Through extensive training and sports education, we aim to help our athletes build character and community. Coaches, peers, and parents are integral to this process, and at Dock, they are there every step of the way. Once students join our educational arena, we seek to develop their God-given gifts and talents to fully prepare them for successful team experiences. Every student-athlete experiences the immeasurable benefits of being a part of a team, like building healthy, strong, and passionate relationships with their peers.
Middle School Athletics
Interscholastic sports are offered to our 7th and 8th-grade students. Our athletic philosophy inspires and equips each student to serve with a global perspective and we believe that every student should participate in physical activities. When individuals participate in our athletic programs, they learn to balance their time and energy spent towards extracurricular activities with their academics that allows them to develop tools to strengthen their mind and emotional and spiritual well-being. We offer the best sports programs including soccer, field hockey, basketball, baseball, softball, and track and field with an emphasis on skill development in preparation for higher-level athletics.
Dock Mennonite Academy Pioneers
We are proud to have experienced league and district success in almost every sports program offered at Dock including:
PIAA State Championships: 7
PIAA District I Championships: 57
Bicentennial Athletic League Championships: 102
If you’re interested in learning more about our athletic programs offered at Dock Mennonite Academy, you can request more information here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be Mennonite to attend Dock ?
- Roughly 40% of Dock’s students attend a local Mennonite congregation. In total, 134 churches are represented within Dock’s student body. Students from a variety of church denominations are a part of the student body, which enriches the discussion in bible class and provides a variety of perspectives for students to hear from classmates.
Do you have a financial assistance program?
- Dock Mennonite Academy encourages all interested Bucks County families to inquire about financial aid. Over $1,000,000 in direct financial aid is awarded annually to help make a Dock education more accessible for families who could not otherwise consider attending. 88% of students receive financial aid or discounts either directly from Dock or assistance from churches. Learn more about financial aid here.
Can students be bused from Bucks County?
- Students that reside in a school district within ten miles of Dock are bussed for free to our schools. Each campus has a slightly different list of districts that qualify within this radius. Click here to see a comprehensive list.
Looking for one of these types of schools?
- Private Christian school near me in Bucks County
- Dock Mennonite Academy has taught generations of students to be inquisitive, confident thinkers who lead lives of purpose.
- Best Independent private school near Bucks County
- Christian school preschool nearby Bucks County
- Private Kindergartens near me in Bucks County PA
- Early Childhood teachers provide educational tools, introduce complex play opportunities, and give pre-school students choices in their activities to inspire passions and foster independence.
- Christian elementary school near Bucks County
- Private middle school near Bucks County PA
- Dock prepares middle school students to take on more responsibilities, make informed decisions, and set goals for themselves.
- Private Christian high school near me in Bucks County
- Woven into a college-preparatory curriculum are essential life skills: critical thinking, problem solving, inquisitiveness, teamwork and leadership.
Dock Mennonite Academy offers a dynamic and diverse learning community. Dock is a private Christian school whose balanced integration of faith and learning teaches students from Early Childhood to Grade 12
Our Private Christian School Campus Locations:
- Dock High School in Lansdale
- Dock Pre-School, Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School in Souderton