Frequently Asked Questions
What school supplies does my child need?
- Click here to view the school supplies list.
Do I need to be Mennonite to attend Dock ? Are all Dock students Mennonite?
Roughly 40% of Dock’s students attend a local Mennonite congregation. In total, 134 churches are represented within Dock’s student body. Students from a variety of church denominations are a part of the student body, which enriches the discussion in bible class and provides a variety of perspectives for students to hear from classmates.
Do you encourage parents to volunteer?
Why do I need Child Abuse and Criminal Clearances?
- For volunteer activities, volunteers at Dock Mennonite Academy must produce a child abuse history clearance, criminal history background clearance and a fingerprinting check or a volunteer affidavit. Click here for more information and to apply for these clearances. These clearances will be kept on file at the school.
Do you have a financial assistance program?
- Dock Mennonite Academy encourages all interested families to inquire about financial aid. Over $1,000,000 in direct financial aid is awarded annually to help make a Dock education more accessible for families who could not otherwise consider attending. Learn more about financial aid here.
How many of your graduating 8th graders go on to the 9-12 Campus?
- About 80-90%
Where can students be bussed from?
- Students that reside in a school district within ten miles of Dock are bussed for free to our schools. Each campus has a slightly different list of districts that qualify within this radius. Click here to see a comprehensive list.
What if I need to change afternoon transportation?
- Call the main office with the change and we will get a note to the student
What to do if my child is riding the bus home with another student?
- Both students must be in the same school district.
- A note, stating this transportation change, must come to school with each student.
- The notes must be approved by the elementary office or the middle school office.
- The notes are given to the bus driver as the students get on the bus in the afternoon.
- Pennridge School district does not allow students to ride other buses within their district.
CLICK HERE FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER RELATED QUESTIONS
Dental Exam Form - Dental exam form for K, 3, 7 and new students
Physical Exam Form - Physical form for K, 6 and new students