Volunteers have been sharing their gifts with the Dock community since our founding in 1945! Volunteers today help out in many ways including chaperoning field trips, and monitoring students in the classroom, cafeteria, and on the playground. We rely on volunteers to enrich many areas of school life and invite you to consider how you can help.
For the safety of all our children, we are required for follow PA state laws for all volunteers who are in direct contact with children.
Recent changes to State law:
All volunteers are now required to obtain THREE clearances: the PA Criminal History Clearance, the PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and the FBI Federal Criminal History Report (fingerprinting).
Volunteers must renew all clearances every five years in order to remain in compliance.
Effective July 25, 2015, fees for both the PA Child Abuse History and PA Criminal History Background checks will be waived for volunteers working with children. The fee for the fingerprinting will remain unchanged, as this is a federal report.
Clearances are not required to do clerical work for a teacher while in the workroom, to work at the hoagie sale, process paperwork for Race for Education, or work at the country auction. When parents are invited to attend a special event in the classroom (such as Christmas parties, plays, etc.), clearances are not required as parents are considered “invited guests.”
To apply for clearances:
- To Schedule your ten-minute fingerprint appointment, simply visit https://uenroll.identogo.com and enter the following Service Code 1KG6TR
- Register online
- Enter required information
- Review fingerprinting site locations, hours, and items to take with you to fingerprint site
- Travel to the site and have fingerprint scanned
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for at least 10 years, you can opt out of the fingerprinting report and instead sign an Act 153 Volunteer Affidavit in order to volunteer. This affidavit will ask you to swear that you have been a citizen of Pennsylvania for at least 10 years and that you have not been convicted of any number of offenses listed on the affidavit. This affidavit must be signed and notarized on an annual basis.
When you have received your documents, please bring us a copy for our records. You will keep the originals. If you have received these specific clearances for church or community work, you can simply bring us a copy. If you have further questions, please contact Jenn Crissman at email@example.com.
Thank you for adhering to these new requirements and for all that you do to support our school through your volunteer work.