After-school child care on the Early Childhood to Grade 8 Campus
Pioneer Pals is an after-school childcare program for full day Dock Mennonite Academy students.
It is held on campus from 3:10—6:00 PM on days when school is in session.
Students are called to the Pioneer Pals room by announcement at the end of the school day. Younger students may be escorted by teacher aides or older students/siblings to the Pioneer Pals room.
A typical afternoon may include:
- Playground/gym time
- Computer time
- Organized games
- Snack - Healthy snacks are provided. All snacks meet the nutrition regulations for school lunches. Parents may send in a favorite snack for the child’s lunchbox. Juice boxes and water are provided.
- Time for reading and homework
Pioneer Pals Supervisor: Mrs. Laura Almond
Mrs. Laura Almond is a mother of two and has worked at Dock Mennonite Academy for four years. She also has taught Dock Summer Camps on our EC-Grade 8 campus and enjoys working with children.
During office hours, (generally till 4 PM) the receptionist will call into the Pioneer Pal room when the parent/caregiver arrives.
The teacher or a helper will bring the child to the vestibule for pick-up.
After the office closes at 4 PM, parents/caregivers call the Pioneer Pal phone at 215.421.2824 when they arrive for pick up.
If there are multiple caregivers, a list of approved persons for pick-up is requested and ID may be checked.
- Most scheduled Early Dismissal days.
- Fri. May 13 (Country Fair & Auction Day)
- In-service and vacation days
- Snow days
Note: In the event of an early dismissal due to inclement weather, Pioneer Pals will not be in session. When you receive the text alert with the dismissal time, please inform the office if your child is to go home by bus or by carpool.
2021-22 Pioneer Pals Program Fees
|Rate||First Child||Second Child|
|1 Day/Week Care||$70/month||$60/month|
|2 Days/Week Care||$135/month||$125/month|
|3 Days/Week Care||$185/month||$175/month|
|4 Days/Week Care||$240/month||$230/month|
|5 Days/Week Care||$280/month||$270/month|
Conditions of payment
- 24 hours’ notice is requested for “drop-in”/daily students.
- Program fees paid directly to Dock Mennonite Academy. Payments can be made online. You will receive an email with instructions.
- Payments are due the 1st of every month September-May.