Mission & Graduate Profile
Dock Mennonite Academy inspires and equips each student to serve with a global perspective by integrating faith, academic excellence and life-enriching opportunities in a Christ-centered community.
Dock Mennonite Academy provides an Anabaptist-Mennonite education1 and recognizes that its graduates are in transition. The educational process seeks to honor and develop the uniqueness of each student within the community, fostering each one’s gifts and talents. To this end, a graduate of this educational system is a person who is encouraged to become someone who:
- values and demonstrates life-long learning including skills of problem solving, problem posing, critical thinking, and cooperation.
- exhibits competency in the basic skills and knowledge of the academic disciplines.
- communicates effectively through speaking and writing.
- uses, recognizes, and appreciates creativity and artistic expression.
- incorporates available technology appropriately.
- embraces a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- exhibits a growing life of discipleship.
- practices spiritual disciplines.
- discovers, defines, and develops her/his God-given gifts.
- cultivates a Christian worldview informed by Anabaptist/Mennonite theology and tradition.
- articulates his/her beliefs, values, and convictions clearly.
- accepts the scriptures as the Word of God and as the fully reliable and trustworthy standard for Christian faith and life.
- practices stewardship of all that God has entrusted to her/him.
- thinks and operates with a global perspective.
- promotes forgiveness, understanding, reconciliation, and non-violent resolution of conflict.
- participates in congregational/church life.
- respects diversity.
- models servanthood by participating in service opportunities.
- practices wellness of mind and body.
- values God’s Word, people, and creation.
- understands and applies digital citizenship.
1Framed within the context of the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective.
Approved, Board of Trustees – December 19, 2017