What school supplies does my student need?
- Click here to view the school supplies list for EC-Grade 8 students. High school faculty will inform students of necessary school supplies during the first week of the school year.
Do I need to be Mennonite to attend Dock ? Are all Dock students Mennonite?
Roughly 40% of Dock’s students attend a local Mennonite congregation. In total, 134 churches are represented within Dock’s student body. Students from a variety of church denominations are a part of the student body, which enriches the discussion in Bible class and provides a variety of perspectives for students to hear from classmates.
Do you encourage parents to volunteer?
Why do I need Child Abuse and Criminal Clearances?
- For volunteer activities, volunteers at Dock Mennonite Academy must produce a child abuse history clearance, criminal history background clearance and a fingerprinting check or a volunteer affidavit. Click here for more information and to apply for these clearances. These clearances will be kept on file at the school.
Can I afford a Dock education?
- Dock Mennonite Academy encourages all interested families to inquire about financial aid. Over $1,000,000 in direct financial aid is awarded annually to help make a Dock education more accessible for families who could not otherwise consider attending. Learn more about financial aid here.
How many of your graduates attend college, and where do your graduates enroll?
Dock serve’s a diverse academic population with students choosing a variety of paths after college. Generally about 95% of our graduates enroll in a college program after they conclude their time with us. Others graduates may do a year of service before attending college, while some transition directly to employment after graduation.
What is a High School chapel like at Dock?
A visitor attending Dock chapels for one week might observe a completely different experience on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Dock chapels consist of outside speakers, student-lead worship, students reflecting on chapel themes, or on experiences within a class such as the Faith Walk elective, or Social Issues class trip. Our chapel purpose statement reads as follows: Chapels at Dock Mennonite Academy will nurture a personal faith that fosters a daily walk with Christ. Chapels will provide opportunities for a variety of worship experiences in the context of Christian community.
Where can students be bussed from?
- Students that reside in a school district within ten miles of Dock are bussed for free to our schools. Each campus has a slightly different list of districts that qualify within this radius. Click here to see a comprehensive list.
What if I need to change afternoon transportation?
- Call the main office with the change and we will get a note to the student
What to do if my child is riding the bus home with another student?
- Both students must be in the same school district.
- A note, stating this transportation change, must come to school with each student.
- The notes must be approved by the elementary office or the middle school office.
- The notes are given to the bus driver as the students get on the bus in the afternoon.
- Pennridge School district does not allow students to ride other buses within their district.
CLICK HERE FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER RELATED QUESTIONS