- EC - Grade 8 Campus News
On Thursday, October 4, 28 students from grades 2-8 participated in the Pioneers LEAD Student Summit. They explored ways to LEAD with:
- Love of learning
- Engagement with community
- Appreciation for God's creation, and
- Dignity for self and others.
The students had great ideas for making our school the best it can be. Mrs. Histand, Mrs. Messina, Mrs. Longacre, Ms. Price and Mr. Freed led the group in several activities exploring what it means to be a leader. Student input, including responses to the question, "What does it mean to be a leader?" (see below), will be shared with teachers, who will then add their ideas!
What does it mean to lead/be a leader?
- A leader is someone who inspires others to the next level. They help other people. Leaders tell people, "You can do it!" and help them believe in themselves.
- A good leader is a good person.
- A leader doesn't just lead, but also follows.
- A good leader is a wise leader.
- A good leader takes leadership because they want to, not because they are told to.
- The best leaders set examples for other people on how to change the world in your own way.
- Even though "team" doesn't have a "we" it does have "me," and it starts with me doing some work to make teamwork so that there can be a "we."
- Don't think about yourself. Get some help, even if you don't succeed the first time.
- Greatness is not perfection. It is truth and caring for yourself and for others.
- Leaders aren't perfect. They work harder than we expect. You can't be a leader until you try
- A good leader is someone who leads people in the right direction by convincing people to go that way.
- Leaders are nice and kind. They are not bosses, but if you are a leader you can lead without bossing people around.
- A good leader leads by example.
- A leader is only a leader when they know how to serve.
- To be a good leader, you need to listen to your teammates.
- A leader is someone who knows the right thing to do.
- Some leaders start as followers.