- All School News
- EC - Grade 8 Campus News
- Grades 9 - 12 Campus News
Dock Mennonite Academy is pleased to welcome the following new faculty members for the 2019-20 school year:
- Ms. Natalie Slick will teach 3rd grade. Ms. Slick is a recent graduate of Grove City with a B.S. double major in Elementary and Special Education. She is a member of Bridge Community Church in Lansdale.
- Mrs. Christine Dando will be one of our Kindergarten teachers. Mrs. Dando has an Associate Degree from Hesston College and a B.A. in Elementary Education from Goshen College. Mrs. Dando has teaching experience in schools in Quakertown, Skippack, and most recently in a Catholic school in Philadelphia. She is a member of Blooming Glen Mennonite Church.
- Mrs. Mysel Gomez-Landis will rejoin our team as part-time Middle School Spanish Teacher. She is a Dock graduate and has a B.S. from Eastern Mennonite University. Mysel taught for several years at our school previously. She attends Calvary Church of Souderton.
- Mrs. Missy Camilleri will serve as our EC-Grade 8 Librarian. She is a Dock graduate and has a B.A. in Elementary Education with a Reading Concentration from Eastern University. Missy is a member of Deep Run East Mennonite Church.
- Mrs. Michele Finger will remain in our Learning Support department for the full year with elementary classes. Mrs. Finger served as our Learning Support long-term sub last year. Mrs. Finger brings experience as both an elementary teacher and learning support teacher in several local districts. She has an M.A. in teaching from the College of New Jersey and attends Bridge Community Church.
- Mrs. Rachael Grim will join our Early Childhood program as the Pre-K teacher. She was a student teacher at Dock in Grade 3 with Mrs. Amy Rodriquez last year. She has certification in Pre-K to Grade 4. She worked most recently at Collegeville Bright Horizons. Rachael holds a B.S. in Elementary Education from Western Governor’s University and attends an Episcopal church in Harleysville.
- Mrs. Sandra Curry will be teaching kindergarten during two kindergarten maternity leaves. Mrs. Curry is a parent of a Dock 9th grader and a graduate of Temple University. She has taught a variety of grades in the Central Bucks School District and directed the preschool education program at her church, Keystone Fellowship.
- Ms. Maddie Clemens will serve as our high school Social Studies teacher. Maddie is a 2012 Dock graduate and has a B.A. in History from EMU with some additional coursework from Gwynedd Mercy University. She is certified for grades 7-12 in Social Studies. She attends Blooming Glen Mennonite Church.
- Mrs. Michelle Sensenig joins our team as the High School Choral Director. Michelle and her family will move into our area from Chestertown, MD. She has a B.S. in Music Education from Messiah College and a Masters of Music in Music Education from Colorado State University. Michelle has several years teaching experience at Belleville Mennonite School (her alma mater) and taught middle school music at Penn View from 2002-2005. Michelle also spent four years with MCC in Indonesia as Music Lecturer at Satya Wacana Christian University. She worked most recently as choir director and pianist at a church in Chestertown.
- Ms. Emily Rush joins Dock as part-time High School English teacher. Emily has a B.A. in English from Bluffton University and is certified in 7-12 Adolescent Young Adult Language Arts. She is a member of West Swamp Mennonite Church.
- Mr. Andrew Zetts will join the Middle School (7th/8th grade) team. Mr. Zetts has been teaching in the Jenkintown School District since 2013. He holds a Master of Arts in History from Villanova University and a Bachelors of Arts from Eastern University. Mr. Zetts has certification in 7-12 Social Studies. He attends Salford Mennonite Church.
Pictured (l to r, below): Natalie Slick, 3rd grade; Rachael Grim, Early Childhood; Maddie Clemens ('12), Grades 9-12 Social Studies; Missy Camilleri, EC- Grade 8 Librarian; Mysel Gomez-Landis, Middle School Spanish; Michele Finger, Elementary Learning Support; Michelle Sensenig, Grades 9-12 Music; Emily Rush, Grades 9-12 English; Christine Dando, Kindergarten. Not pictured: Andrew Zetts, Middle School