Hubs for learning
The Media Center on the EC-Grade 8 campus and Conrad Grebel Library on the Grades 9-12 campus are integral parts of every Dock student's education.
Conrad Grebel Library
DOCK MENNONITE ACADEMY'S LIBRARY SERVES AS AN INSTRUCTIONAL PARTNER WITH THE FACULTY, AND SEEKS TO CREATE A FOUNDATION FOR LIFE-LONG LEARNING BY ENSURING THAT STUDENTS ARE EFFECTIVE USERS OF IDEAS AND INFORMATION.
Dock Mennonite Academy's Conrad Grebel Library, working as an instructional partner with the faculty, seeks to create a foundation for lifelong learning by ensuring that students are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing access to a wide variety of materials, instruction in their use, and working with students to improve their information access skills.
The objectives of the Conrad Grebel Library are to provide:
- intellectual access to information through learning activities that help students achieve information literacy
- physical access to information through a carefully selected local collection and procedures for acquiring information and materials from outside the media center
- learning experiences that encourage students to become discriminating consumers of information
- leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers across the curriculum
- resources and activities that contribute to lifelong learning
(Source: Information Power: Building Partnerships for Learning)
Click on a course area for a listing of useful web sites.
Student Resource Center
Student Resource Center is a fully integrated database containing thousands of curriculum-targeted primary documents, biographies, topical essays, background information, critical analyses, full-text coverage of over 650 magazines, newspapers, over 20,000 photographs and illustrations, and more than 8 hours of audio and video clips. It is also available for home access.
*See librarian for the student password
MLA Guidelines and Help
Click here for the MLA Style Manual
For more help in the MLA format, click on the following links:
Online Writing Center: