Our Mission & Graduate Profile
Dock Mennonite Academy inspires and equips each student to serve with a global perspective by integrating faith, academic excellence and life-enriching opportunities in a Christ-centered community.
Our Graduate Profile
As schools providing an Anabaptist-Mennonite education*, Dock Mennonite Academy recognizes that its graduates are in transition. The education process seeks to honor and develop the uniqueness of each student and his/her role within the community where their gifts, talents and learning are applied. To this end, a graduate of this educational system is a person who:
- values and demonstrates life-long learning including skills of problem solving, problem posing, critical thinking and cooperation.
- exhibits competency in the basic skills and knowledge of the academic disciplines.
- communicates effectively through speaking and writing.
- uses, recognizes and appreciates creativity and artistic expression.
- incorporates available technology appropriately.
- embraces a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- exhibits a growing life of discipleship.
- practices spiritual disciplines.
- discovers, defines and develops her/his God-given gifts.
- cultivates a Christian worldview informed by Anabaptist-Mennonite theology and tradition.
- articulates his/her beliefs, values and convictions clearly.
- accepts the Scriptures as the Word of God and as the fully reliable and trustworthy standard for Christian faith and life.
- practices stewardship of all that God has entrusted to her/him.
- thinks and operates with a global perspective.
- promotes forgiveness, understanding, reconciliation and non-violent resolution of conflict.
- participates in congregational/church life.
- respects diversity.
- models servanthood by participating in service opportunities.
- practices wellness of mind and body.
- values God's Word, people and creation.
* Framed within the context of the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective